The course is covered in 3 parts each focusing on a specific aspect of web design and development
principles. Broadly the three parts can be classified as:
- Web Design Fundamentals – UX/UI
- Back-end development (MySQL/Microsoft Access, PHP/ASP.NET)
- Advanced topics
- Student Group Project
Each student completing the workshop will receive a Centre of Innovation and Excellence, Middlesex
University Dubai participation Certificate.
Language Skills: Students are expected to have working knowledge of the English language for university level.
Technical Skills: Participants are expected to have basic understanding of programming concepts and basic
knowledge of database concepts such as SQL syntax and usage.
What is included?
- Workshop delivery on site at Middlesex University in Dubai
- Accommodation provided at the University Residences for a 4 week period
- Transport to and from the University Campus
- Additional Skills and Careers Workshops
Friday 10 August – Monday 10 September (Arrival Wednesday 8 August – Departure Tuesday 11 September)
Skills and Careers Workshops
|Name of the Workshop
and Development Workshops
|Choose any 4 workshops from http://www.mdx.ac.ae/workshops
• Sunday 12 August 2018
9:00am to 12:30pm CV and Cover Letter
• Wednesday 15 August 2018 9:00am to 12:30pm Successful Job Interview
• Sunday 19 August 2018
9:00am to 12:30pm Job Search Strategy
• Wednesday 22 August 2018 9:00am to 12:30pm Maximizing Your Presentation
|Year 2 & 3 Students
|Industry Experts Guest Lecturers
||Talk / Workshop by Industry Expert
||Year 2 & 3
||1/2 Day visit to an organisation in the relevant field
||Year 2 & 3
The course will be covered through instructor led training – 5 hours per day. The lecture will be instructor led
while the lab predominantly involves independent activity, guided and supported by the instructor, allowing
students to put concepts into practice.
A day’s session will be held as follows:
2 hours Lecture
3 hours Lab work
There will be a total of 20 sessions covered over 20 days (5 days a week, so a total of 4 weeks). The sessions
will be a mix of lectures and labs as the best way to teach design and development skills is by following a
Total hours (lecture + lab): 5 hours per day, 25 hours per week (total for four weeks 100).
* These courses are open only to Nahda University (NUB) Students.