Introduction to the Programme
This dynamic programme in Advertising, PR and Branding directly responds to an ever-changing business and technology environment. Our degree was developed with industry partners to provide you with the skills you need to succeed. It responds to the new ways people consume, create and share content in the digital era, and recognises that the creation and management of brands are crucial skills for those working in advertising and public relations.
Why Study BA Advertising, Public Relations and Branding at Middlesex University?
If you are passionate about working in the media, this degree ensures you gain the skills needed to work in a promotional or communications capacity not only in the creative industries but across the business, charity and public sectors.
At Middlesex it’s not just about the how, it’s also about the why. Learn the practical skills to plan and implement campaigns across different media while developing your critical understanding of the important (sometimes controversial) roles advertising, PR and branding play in our culture and society.
At the heart of the degree is a focus on branding and digital media and you can expect to be taught by academics as well as professionals with extensive industry experience. You'll emerge with a portfolio of work and the resources and skills necessary to develop your own online brand, enhancing your employability. What’s more, the research, planning and communications skills you’ll be developing are of high value not only for a career in the media but across a wide spectrum of professional, public and private sectors.
Dubai is a global centre for advertising and PR. We take advantage of our location to connect you to the heart of the industry. We offer a programme of visits to industry-related events, and host networking opportunities. Through these links, previous students have succeeded in securing internships with companies such as agencies such as Ketchum RAAD Middle East, Edelman, Havas PR and DNG Events. You will be learning through live briefs to find real world solutions as well as gathering insight from current industry leaders during our regular industry networking events. We also champion industry interaction and give you the opportunity to build a professional network before graduating and kick-starting your career.
Graduates from BA Advertising, PR and Branding will be primed to take on exciting roles across the creative industries and beyond. You will think critically about the media, analyse problems and devise solutions, creating and managing a variety of projects and producing your own creative work.
Middlesex University Dubai was awarded ‘Best Media Centre’ in the region at the Forbes Middle East Higher Education Awards 2019.
- This is the only degree in Dubai that brings together advertising, public relations and branding
- There is a dedicated work placement opportunity in Year two, which provides a launchpad for building your professional network
- Graduate with the skills, portfolio of work and industry connections that employers demand
- Our tutors include academic researchers, journalists, editors, and PR and advertising experts, who will support your development and help you to build industry-specific, transferable skills
- Our campus puts you within easy reach of Dubai's Media City and our students have secured placements with a range of companies including agencies such as Ketchum RAAD Middle East, Edelman, Havas PR and DNG Events
- You will benefit from a range of media-related events, including the Dubai Film Festival and the Emirates Airline Festival of Literature. Our students have interned at these events, participated in competitions there and won awards arranged by these organisations.