We create knowledge and put it into action to develop fairer, healthier, more prosperous and sustainable societies
Our vision is to transform outcomes for individuals, communities and organisations and to empower people to change their lives. Our learning community has practice at the heart of what we do across education, research and knowledge exchange, and engagement.
We work in partnership and bring people together to create solutions to complex problems.
Our integrating themes
- Equity and improvements in health and wellbeing
- Inclusive socio-economic development and enriching lives through culture
- Sustainability of communities and the environment
As a community, we are all clear about our areas of focus and our people are empowered to take decisions and shape their work around them. Alongside our three shared priorities, we have also identified seven areas of focus as pillars for strategic implementation to achieve our purpose by 2031.
Our Middlesex approach
- Creative, collaborative and agile culture
- Local and global Communities of Practice
- Focusing through our Integrating themes
Our community principles
Our Community Principles guide how we work, learn and behave as a community in action. They are for everyone that makes up our global Middlesex family: staff, students, alumni and partners.
- Radically creative
- Radically simple
- Leading in equality, diversity and inclusion
- Acting with care and integrity
Our strategic priorities
We have identified three shared priorities as pillars for strategic implementation to achieve our purpose by 2031.