Middlesex University Visa Guidelines:
Laws in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) require all non-national students to obtain a student visa for the duration of their studies. Middlesex University Dubai provides students visas for applicants studying on any of our academic programmes.
- Student visas are issued for the duration of 12 months at a time; hence an undergraduate student may require 2 or 3 renewals during their course of study at Middlesex University Dubai.
- Student visa sponsorship is only available for students who have accepted the offer of admission, cleared all academic conditions (if any) and paid your tuition fees along with the student visa charges and deposit.
- The process normally takes 15-20 days and typically applications undergo a security check by UAE government authorities. Student visa applications from some countries may be required to submit additional documentation by the UAE government authorities (e.g. attested birth certificate translated in legal Arabic) and may occasionally result in delays beyond the control of Middlesex University Dubai.
- Student visa holders are not able to sponsor a residence visa for their family members.
- Part-time jobs/internship conditions and qualifications should be addressed to Careers and Employability Office.
- Students are requested to ensure that they have adequate medical/travel insurance in Dubai until their Middlesex University Dubaistudent visa has been stamped into your passport.
- All students applying for a university-sponsored visa must undergo a UAE medical check.
- In the unlikely event that your student visa application is unsuccessful, the visa deposit will be refunded. The UAE government may retain the student visa processing fee.
- Any fines, penalties and additional charges incurred because of late submission of documents required will be the sole responsibility of the student.
- In case of withdrawal or deferral of a student, student visa needs to be canceled. Failure to do so, any advance payment of school fees is non-refundable. A new student visa may be applied (corresponding fees applied) if the student wishes to re-join subject to approval from higher authorities of the university.
- Ensure that at least 3 pages are
- Student visa charges are set by Dubai Knowledge Park’s Government Service Office and may be subject to change.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that at least 3 blank pages are available on the passport.
- In the event of systems upgrade, systems shutdown, maintenance and the like made by the Immigration and or Freezone Authorities on their system, it will be beyond the University’s control to predict the timeline of student visa processing.
New Visa Application:
- New students are advised to complete the new student visa application forms and submit all requirements 4 weeks before the commencement of the programme.
- If student is outside UAEand entry permit has been approved, student must send their flight details at least
5 days before their arrival date to ensure that their original entry permit can be deposited at the airport where they will be arriving.
Student who is below 18 years old must submit No Objection certificate attested by UAE embassy in home country.
- Students applying late may choose to apply for UAE tourist/visit visa to ensure that they will be in time for the start of the programme.
- For a student who applied for a student visa while holding a tourist/visit visa, immigration status needs to be changed. This can only be done by exiting the country (usually, we recommend to travel to Oman – no need of Oman visa since the student is just staying at the airport for transit) and come back using our visa. The cost of the exit is paid by the student.
Student visa renewal:
- The student is responsible for visa renewal. Student visa renewal forms, proof of payment and other required documents need to be submitted to visa office 2 weeks before the visa expires.
- The student needs to be in the country all throughout the visa renewal process.
- Visa renewal takes 15-20 days and student needs to undergo a medical exam.
Student visa cancellation:
- Student’s visa will be canceled if student finished his/her studies, wish to defer, interrupt or withdraw from his/her studies, convicted of any criminal offense or does not comply with the rules and regulations required by the university
- If the student is out of the country for 6 consecutive months, a student visa will be void and he/she will not be able to enter UAE unless formally canceled while he/she is out of UAE. Additional cancellation and penalty fees may apply.
- Original passport, Emirates ID card, and medical insurance card need to be submitted to the visa office.
- In the event the student is out of the country he/she may pay an additional cancellation fee.
- If the student failed to cancel the visa or failed to exit after the provided grace period, the university may report him/her to the Immigration authorities and proceed with the filling of the absconding case. The visa deposit paid by the student will be utilized to process the request. After the case has been finalized, the student will not be able to enter the country on any types of visa in the future.
- Visa deposit will only be refunded if a student submitted required documents and verified by Immigration authorities. Processing takes 30 days.