Students are required to pay a tuition fee deposit in order to secure a place at the University.
The value of any deposit amount paid is deducted from the tuition fee due, upon enrolment.
Right to Cancel
On receipt of the tuition fee deposit the applicant shall have 14 days in which to request a full refund of the amount paid, this is the full cooling off period. After the 14 days cooling off period has past the terms of the tuition fee deposit refund policy shall apply.
If an applicant enrolls within the 14 day cooling off period the cooling off period will cease at the point of enrolment, at which point the Policy for withdrawal after enrolment will apply.
The Tuition Fee deposit payment will only be refunded in full in the following circumstances:
- The applicant has been refused a student visa. Evidence of the refusal must be submitted with any request, as evidence.
- The deposit was paid while the applicant held a conditional offer; the applicant failed to meet the conditions of the offer and was not admitted to the University for the relevant course and start date specified in the offer letter.
- The applicant did not enroll and has requested the refund of the deposit within 1 year of payment. An administration fee of AED 3,000 is deducted from any refund.
- A status letter has not been issued.
Other conditions relating to the refund of Tuition Fee Deposits:
- If after payment of a deposit, the applicant decides to defer entry to the following academic year, the deposit will be held over to the following academic year.
- Once paid, deposits cannot be transferred to another individual. Refunds will only be made to the individual or organisation that originally paid the deposit. If a third party has paid the deposit on behalf of the applicant, we are unable to refund the deposit directly to the applicant.
- Refunds can only be made to the account from which the payment was made originally.
- Refunds will be made in AED.
- Any charges levied by the receiving bank will be borne by the applicant.
- In no other circumstances will the deposit be refunded. You should therefore only pay a deposit if you are certain you are able to take up your place at Middlesex University.
- Refunds will not be made where the student has arrived in the UAE and commenced studies with the University. Any refunds would then need to fall in line with normal University withdrawal policies – See section 8.
Refunds will not be made if the applicant/or registered student, or any representatives acting on their behalf, are found to have provided fraudulent information,
Whether knowingly or unknowingly, in support of the University or UAE Visa application, or if the student visa is refused based on a previous record of fraud or non-compliance with Immigration rules, whether in the UAE or overseas. In such circumstances any offer from the University will be invalidated and we will retain the deposit payment. The process for the removal of an offer when fraudulent information has been used to gain admittance is outlined in the University Regulations point B7.
Interruption and Temporary withdrawals
The withdrawal policy (See section 8) specified above also applies to students who choose to interrupt their studies.