Making Knowledge Accessible
The Middlesex University Dubai Library is a central hub of the University, where you are guaranteed to be spending a lot of time, making valuable use of the vast number of resources and study spaces available.
Our library provides specialist access to a range of different focused materials, in a quiet and calm environment. The new library promotes self-learning and a comfortable environment for relaxation for a healthy learning approach. Technology is equipped to support your learning experience.
To promote student safety and in accordance with KHDA guidelines, all Library patrons will be asked to please note the following:
- All Library desks and equipment will be cleaned hourly.
- All Library patrons should use hand sanitizer when coming into the Library and before touching common equipment.
- Movement inside the Library and LIS is a one-way traffic system.
- All Library patrons must be socially distanced by a minimum of one meter at all times.
- Masks must be worn properly at all times.
- Books must be returned to the designated book return boxes. Reshelving of books is not allowed.
The Library is committed to providing assistance to Students of Determination. Please reach out to the Library team to discuss how (via an individual library orientation, guidance about which Library workshops are best for you, etc.) we can best accommodate your needs.
Library Staff & Contact Details
e. [email protected]
|Dr. Dorian Lange||Library Manager||[email protected]|
|Abbie Cruz||Asst. Library Manager – Public Services||[email protected]|
|Laura Barber||Asst. Library Manager – Information Literacy||[email protected]|
|Jess Mathew||Library Assistant||[email protected]|
|Joseph Limeta||Library Assistant||[email protected]|
Borrowing and Use Privileges
- Twelve items may be borrowed concurrently, of which two may be DVDs.
- Students must have their student ID card to borrow Library materials.
- Fines are imposed for the late return of borrowed items.
- If the Library is closed, books may be returned in the drop box by the main entrance to the Library in Block 16.
- Food (cold, non-aromatic) and drinks with lids are allowed in the Library and LIS.
- Only registered students, staff, and faculty of Middlesex University Dubai are allowed access to the Library.
- The Library abides by all applicable copyright laws.
- CCTV is used throughout the Library, LIS, and Silent Study area.
The Library is currently under renovation. The Library is still able to provide resources and assistance. Please email us at: [email protected], chat with us at: https://www.mdx.ac.ae/library, or visit us in Block 17 (KP-17-G-02) Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm.
The Library staff are available for any students who want Library assistance between 6pm – 8pm on weekdays, with an appointment. The Library is also available to offer book pick up services after hours in coordination with MDX security. Please email [email protected] to coordinate if required.